All the Great PodcastsGreat Podcast Episode Discovery and Sharing
Finding Great Podcast Episodes
A minimally-viable-product if there ever was one, the intent of this site was to build something (simple) that made it easy to find and share great podcast episodes.
In a nutshell, the way the site works is that great podcast episodes are organized by category and then show. That way, you can browse through similar podcasts then find the best episodes of each.
The problem that I was trying to solve was how to find a way to skip to the good stuff with podcasts. With many podcasts having several hundred episodes, many over an hour each, where does a new listener start? The aim of this site is to create a human-powered, episodic recommendation engine that would tell you not only which podcasts are good but which episodes of each are the best.
Notable features include:
- Ability for Users to Add Podcast Episodes
- Ability for Users to “Like” Episodes and View Most “Liked” Episodes
- Ability for Users to Listen to and Download Podcasts on the Site
- All Media Files Link to Original Creator’s File (to make sure they get accurate download metrics for their ads)
- All Great Podcast Feed with All Episodes (including newly-added episodes)
This was a fun project to work on, mostly because it challenged my abilities in making WordPress into a true “listing engine”, as well as doing a working itunes Podcast feed from WordPress posts.